Crochet the Cashew Cardigan Crochet Kit
Crochet a cute cardigan sweater with this crochet kit! Worked seamlessly from the top down, the Cashew Cardigan is a light raglan cardigan with a short-row collar that can be converted to an optional button band.
Note this post contains affiliate links
Steps to Crochet a Cozy Cardigan Sweater
Crocheting a cozy cardigan is a fun and rewarding project. Here is a step-by-step guide to get you started:
- Choose your yarn and hook size – select a soft and warm yarn in the color of your choice, and a hook size that is recommended on the yarn label.
- Measure your gauge – make a swatch with the stitch pattern you plan to use for your cardigan and measure the gauge to ensure your finished product will be the right size.
- Determine the size of your cardigan – measure yourself or the person you’re making the cardigan for, then use a pattern or chart to determine how many stitches and rows you’ll need to make for each section of the cardigan.
- Start with the back panel – begin by making a chain the length of the back panel, then work your stitch pattern in rows until you reach the desired length.
- Move on to the front panels – make two separate pieces that are the same size as the back panel, then attach them to the back panel at the shoulders.
- Create the sleeves – make two tubes of your desired length by working in the round, then attach them to the armholes.
- Finish with the collar and buttons – add a cozy collar and any other desired details, then sew on buttons to complete your cardigan.
- Enjoy your new cozy cardigan – after a final blocking and steam iron, your new cardigan is ready to wear.
Crochet Kit – Fallon Cardigan
9. Remember to take your time and enjoy the process! Don’t hesitate to ask for help or make modifications to the pattern to suit your needs and preferences.
This cardigan is designed to be worn with approximately 2 to 4 inches (5 to 10 cm) of positive ease depending on the size you are making. For reference, the model has a 34-inch (86-cm) bust and is wearing a size small with a finished garment bust measurement of 36.25 inches (92 cm), worn with 2.25 inches (6 cm) of positive ease.
Pattern Size Options –
XS, S, M, L, 1X, 2X, 3X, 4X, 5X
More Crochet Kits
Check out these fun crochet kits for your next project!