10 Best Stem Science & Craft Toys for Kids to Educate and Excite Kids of all Ages
Tomorrow’s leaders, scientists, artists, and engineers are being discovered in our kids. Discovering hands-on art projects, science kids and more toys and activities that are now available for them to explore.
Stem toys and activities allow kids to use their imagination and take playtime to the next level.
note this post contains affiliate links
Treat your young scientists, artists, engineers, and designers with a monthly Green Kid Crafts subscription. 50% off your first month using the code GET50
What is Stem?
Stem stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. Core Subjects that provide kids the skills for future success in fields such as robotics, computers and natural sciences.
Check out some of our favorite STEM toys for kids and get the started on the path to learning with these fun and exciting ways to science and technology.
10 Best Stem Science and Craft Toys for Kids
- 20 piece kit allows your young scientist to explore and learn the basics of science from chemical reactions to the use of science tools
- Represents STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) principles – open ended toys to construct, engineer, explorer and experiment
- Chemicals Included: Red cabbage powder, citric acid, baking soda, 3 color tablets, cross-linked polyacrylate copolymer, vegetable oil, corn starch
- Supplies Included: 2 cotton swabs, 3 test tubes with stand, 3 plastic cups, pipette, 2 sticks, 2 measuring scoops and activity guide
- Recommended for children 6 years of age and older with adult supervision
2. PicassoTiles 100 Piece Set 100pcs Magnet Building Tiles
- DREAM BIG & BUILD BIG – No limitations, scalable to build as big as desired by adding more pieces to create the master piece. PicassoTiles in colossal styles.
- LEARNING BY PLAYING – Never too early to start developing kids creativity. Children can acquire strong sense of color, geometrical shapes including 3D forms numbers counts, magnetic polarities & architectural design at early age.
3. Be Amazing Insta-Snow Jar, Makes 2 Gallons
- What’s not to love? Insta-Snow turns ordinary water into a white fluffy substance that looks like real snow. No stirring, no mixing, tons of science fun.
- Absorbs up to 100 times it’s weight in water and fluffs up to way over 2 gallons.
4. Creativity for Kids Grow ‘n Glow Terrarium – Science Kit for Kids
- GROW YOUR OWN HABITAT: Experience the wonder of nature with the Grow N’ Glow Terrarium! This kit allows you to craft, plant, water and grow your own terrarium tabletop garden.
- COMPLETE KIT: Comes with everything you need for two full plant life cycles! Kit includes: plastic mason-style jar, decorative lid, potting mix, organic chia and wheat grass seeds, garden figurines, decorative sand, river stones and a plant mister to keep your terrarium watered.
- DECORATE YOUR TERRARIUM: Watch your terrarium glow! Add dimension to your terrarium with translucent glow-in-the-dark
5. Kidzlane Color Matching Egg Set – Toddler Toys
- TERRIFIC TODDLER LEARNING TOY: ☻ 12 charming eggs in a carton will help preschoolers learn to count, sort, and match! Each plastic egg contains a different color and number, with corresponding pegs and holes.
- GAIN BASIC LIFE SKILLS: Start building smart minds with the right educational toys! These bright, interactive eggs will improve hand dexterity, color recognition, and fine motor skills while engaging little minds.
6. Klutz LEGO Chain Reactions Craft Kit
- Design and build 10 amazing moving machines – teach your bricks new tricks
- Comes with 80 page instructions, 33 LEGO pieces, instructions for 10 modules, 6 plastic balls, string, paper ramps and other components
- Includes a 80 page instructional book with Klutz certified crystal-clear instructions
- Includes more than 30 essential Lego elements
- Recommended for children ages 8+
7. Snap Circuits Jr. SC-100 Electronics Exploration Kit | Over 100 STEM Projects
- BUILD WORKING CIRCUITS Build over 100 different electronics circuit projects with 30+ electronic components
- SUPPORTS a vigorous STEM / STEAM curriculum
- NO SOLDERING – NO TOOLS – IT’S A SNAP ~ Snap Modules require no tools and and click together to ensure solid electrical connections
- LEARN BY DOING Build working models of a photo sensor, a flashing light, and an adjustable-volume siren. More than 100 exciting projects in all with included 30+ snap together parts
Fun, creative, STEM projects delivered each month by GreenKidCrafts
8. 4M Crystal Growing Experiment
- This science kit contains all the materials needed to perform seven different crystal growth experiments.
- A special display case is included to admire the crystals once they are fully grown.
- Perfect for young science enthusiasts, especially those with an interest in geology.
- Complete instructions for each experiment are included with the kit.
- Recommended for ages 10 years and up.
9. Melissa & Doug Deluxe Pounding Bench Wooden Toy With Mallet
- Classic pounding toy with a “peekaboo” design twist
- Durable wood construction
- Wooden hammer included
- 10″ x 5.25″ x 5″
- Ages 2 years and up
10. ThinkFun Gravity Maze Marble Run Logic Game and STEM Toy for Boys and Girls Age 8 and Up
- WHAT YOU GET – Gravity Maze is a combination logic game, marble run, and STEM toy for boys and girls. Contains 60 challenges from beginner to expert, a game grid, 9 towers, 1 target piece, and 3 marbles, for ages 8+.
- CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS – Easy to learn with a clear, high quality instruction manual. You can start playing immediately!
- DEVELOPS CRITICAL SKILLS – Playing your way through the challenges builds spatial reasoning and planning skills, and provides a great stealth learning experience for young players.
More Stem Toys and Activities
Science toys and educational toys for kids