Learn How to Crochet an Easy Basic Chevron Afghan Pattern
Learn to Crochet Easy Chevron Patterns
this post contains affiliate links
The one thing about chevron is that it never goes out of styles especially in crochet. Chevron is an easy enough stitch to manage as long as you can single crochet and can increase and decrease stitches.
Chevron afghans can be made in many different sizes, colors and styles. We have a few pattern suggestions below.
First Let’s get Started
With these basic instructions you can create eye-catching color work. It’s an easy way to make your next project happen whether making a blanket or a scarf.
You start with the foundation chain and continue by following the instructions in the link above.
Chevron crochet consists of repeating V shapes. The number of multiples you start with is the same number of Vs you’ll make. For example, if you choose a multiple of (12 x 6) + 2, you’ll have 6 Vs.
Why increase and decrease?
Increasing and decreasing the number of stitches in your work are the primary ways to achieve shaping, allowing you to make all kinds of items.
Getaway Hoodie & Chevron Scarf Crochet Pattern
Class includes complete instructions to make five exclusive projects: Blue Waves Washcloth, Lavender & Lilac Chevron Scarf, Peekaboo Cowl, Go-To Ripple Tote and Happy Waves Toddler Blanket.
- How to Make the Sholach Into the Woods Colorful Afghan with this Gorgeous Crochet Pattern Kit
- Why the Dots Crochet Hook Set is Made for Comfort
- How to Add a Patriotic Touch to Your Home with the Stars in My Heart Table Topper Sewing Pattern
- How to Capture the Rolling Highlands: Crochet Waves with Puff Stitches Kit inspired by Inverness Castle
- Stay Stylish and Cool this Summer with the Simple Crochet Striped Tee Pattern