Learn the Ins and Outs of Making Your First Crochet Sweater One Cable Wonder Sweater Pattern
Sweaters can be a bit challenging to crochet the first time around. Once you crochet your first sweater the pattern and idea of how to finish your project becomes easier.
note this post contains affiliate links
My first crochet sweaters was a cardigan sweater. It wasn’t perfect but it was a learning experience and fortunately I was crocheting it for myself as an experiment.
One of the things about sweaters is making them the right size to fit the person you are giving it to. This means using the right yarn, crochet hook and pattern.
Whether you decide to take an online class, watch a YouTube video, or purchase step-by-step instructions make sure to find the right pattern to crochet. The perfect pattern is one that you will go back to again and again to crochet in different colors and sizes.
Steps for Crocheting a Sweater
Sweaters are not just for cold weather. You can find crochet sweater patterns for any season. Check out these fun finds in crochet sweater patterns!
Check out Annie’s Kit Clubs and use the Code SHARE50 through this link to get 50% off Your first Order
Patterns that we Like for Your First Sweater
The One Cable Wonder Pattern shown above is an easy pattern to start out with . This easy, cozy and casual sweater has a timeless look and will quickly become a forever favorite! Sizes S, M, L, XL, 2XL.
Learn to Crochet Sweaters
In this class you’ll learn how to:
- Crochet 3 exclusive sweaters.
- Substitute yarns to achieve the same look as the original design.
- Determine your measurements and sweater size for a perfect fit.
- Alter the neckline and yoke to suit your style.
- Crochet comfortable, stretchy armholes and ribbing.
- Read crochet symbol diagrams.
- Lengthen or shorten the body of a top-down sweater.
- How to change a motif tunic into a motif cardigan or sleeveless top.
Class includes complete written instructions and crochet symbol diagrams to make three exclusive projects: Andi Lace Raglan Sweater, Ruby Top-Down Pullover and Brooklyn Motif Tunic.
- Download the Free Crochet Rudolph Amigurumi Pattern
- October Crochet Afghan Patterns and How to Make one in Pretty Yarn colors for Fall
- Free Halloween Pumpkin Cross Stitch Pattern Download
- Crochet a Halloween Afghan with Bats, Cats and Ghosts Download
- Four Keeps Knitting Pattern How to Make 4 Hats with 4 Colors of Yarn