Crochet a Modern Take on a Granny Square Design That uses Simple Classic Stitch Patterns
A unique spin on the typical granny square afghan! The only problem we have is what color to crochet this one in! While we love the Pale Grey the afghan is shown in it would also be perfect to crochet in white, blue, brown, black, yellow, green, or any of the other of the many colors the kit comes in!
note this post contains affiliate links
More about the Crochet Kit
The On the Bias Granny Square Blanket is my modern take on a granny square design that uses simple, classic stitch patterns. When worked on the bias, as the name of the blanket suggests, one fun granny square creates a gorgeous, geometric design.
Crochet pattern is crocheted using Pound of Love Yarn
Dimensions are included at the end of Row 4 to check beginning gauge. Gauge isn’t crucial for this project. In Granny Stitch: 9 dc + 2 ch-1 sps = 3.75″; 4 rows = 2.5″ In moss stitch (sc, ch 1, skip 1): 10.5 sts = 3″; 7 rows = 1.875″
- Download the Free Crochet Rudolph Amigurumi Pattern
- October Crochet Afghan Patterns and How to Make one in Pretty Yarn colors for Fall
- Free Halloween Pumpkin Cross Stitch Pattern Download
- Crochet a Halloween Afghan with Bats, Cats and Ghosts Download
- Four Keeps Knitting Pattern How to Make 4 Hats with 4 Colors of Yarn