Art Crayon Drawing sets
Drawing with Watercolor Crayons
Marabu watercolor crayons are perfect for mixed media projects on canvas, paper, fabric, wood, and more; ideal for artists and hobbyists of all skill levels.
note this post contains affiliate links
Art crayons are Water Soluble & Blendable – Create beautiful watercolor effects, blend colors seamlessly, and use wet or dry techniques with our unique water soluble crayons for endless artistic possibilities.
How do you use Marabu Art Crayons?
Marabu art crayons are a versatile and fun medium to use for artists of all skill levels. These crayons are a great option for those who enjoy working with vibrant colors and enjoy blending techniques. If you’re new to Marabu art crayons, this blog post will guide you through the basics of how to use them.
- Suggested Materials needed Before you begin working with Marabu art crayons, make sure you have all the necessary materials. You’ll need Marabu art crayons, watercolor paper, a water brush or a regular paintbrush, and a palette.
- Choosing the right paper Choosing the right paper is important when working with Marabu art crayons. It’s recommended to use watercolor paper as it’s thicker and can hold more water than regular paper. The thickness of the paper will also prevent it from warping or curling when you add water to it.
- Layering colors Marabu art crayons can be layered to create depth and dimension. To layer colors, start by coloring a section with your first color. Then, apply a second color on top of the first color. Use a water brush or a regular paintbrush to blend the two colors together. Repeat this process with additional colors as desired.
- Blending colors Blending is a popular technique when working with Marabu art crayons. To blend colors, start by coloring a section with your first color. Then, use a water brush or a regular paintbrush to blend the color. You can also use your finger to blend the color. Repeat this process with additional colors as desired.
- Adding water Marabu art crayons can be used dry or with water. To use them with water, start by coloring a section with your desired color. Then, use a water brush or a regular paintbrush to add water to the area. The water will activate the pigment in the crayon, creating a watercolor effect.
- Creating texture To create texture with Marabu art crayons, use a dry brush technique. Start by coloring a section with your desired color. Then, use a dry brush to add texture to the area. You can also use a paper towel or a cloth to create texture.
- Final touches Once you’ve finished coloring, you can add final touches with a white Marabu art crayon. Use it to add highlights or to create contrast in your artwork.
Marabu art crayons are a versatile and fun medium to use. They can be used dry or with water to create beautiful and vibrant artwork. With a little practice, you can create stunning pieces with these crayons.
Where to Purchase Art Crayons
You can find a wide selection of Marabu Art Crayons at..
Marabu Art Crayons and Sets