Have you ever wanted to learn something new, such as a new craft or hobby or maybe just add to your current favorite hobby? Why not try out a free mini-course online from the Craftsy Web site.
The Wilton Method®: Creative Cake Pops
If there’s one thing many crafters love, it’s learning about a new skill or technique to add to our collection. We try to convince others that our crafty approach to life is to save money (by making our own blankets, cards, clothes, gifts, etc.) but our passion for the crafts tends to lead us to spend way too much money. We invest in new yarns, patterns or that must-have book from Amazon that adds up to more money.
Here you can discover Craftsy, they offer a wide range of free mini-courses, given by professionals, which you can take online. The nice thing about an online class is that you can easily go back if you haven’t quite understood something, and with Craftsy courses, once you have access to a class you have that access for life. This is much better than a physical class–especially if you are busy with the kids, working or the weather is not cooperating or you may not be the type who wants to work with others on your projects.
The classes are all professionally presented, and they use a combination of video and downloadable handouts to really help get that new information in your new craft adventure.
The free mini-classes range from quilting, sewing, baking, knitting, crochet and more. All you have to do is watch the class online for free whenever you want. You choose the class and learn at your leisure.
The best thing is that your access to the class never expires and you can take as many as you want. So why you are sitting outside this summer relaxing by the pool, watching the kids play or just enjoying your backyard you can be learning at the same time.
Some of the free mini-classes available:
· Know Your Wool: Do you wonder where your yarn comes from? Learn about different types of wool and the individual characteristics of each.
· The Hand-Painted Cake: Elevate your cake with Erin Schaefgen's freehand painting techniques. Create beautiful and edible works of art with Erin's tips and tricks.
· Creative Quilt Backs: Make the back of your quilt just as interesting as the front! Oh, Fransson! blog author Elizabeth Hartman walks you through everything you need to know to make beautiful quilt backs.
· Modern Buttercream: Learn to use buttercream like a pro! Discover the tricks and tips to construct and create a beautifully finished buttercream cake.
Bag-Making Basics: Drawstring Bag & Bucket Bag
Micro Torch Basics: Go ahead, play with fire. Using a butane micro-torch, learn the basics of creating beautiful and unique metal jewelry in your own house.
· Ins & Outs of Grafting - Lifelong knitter Anne Hanson shows you how to invisibly join stitches to create seamless motifs and mirroring effects in this free mini-class.
Mastering Zipper Techniques - Inserting zippers can be intimidating. Learn tips and tricks from Sunni Standing and Bernina to keep zippers from driving you zany.
· Pictures to Pixel Quilts - View a beloved, historic art form through a modern lens. Caro Sheridan turns eye-popping digital photos into conceptual works of pieced-together art.
There are also classes available on bag making basics, creative cabled necklines, double knitting, quilting big projects, cake topper techniques, handbag cakes, beginner serging and many more.
For more project ideas and fun:
Be sure to check out Free Sewing Patterns for your next project.