Lollipops can be made from a kit (as shown) or from scratch as explained below.
Instructions: Things you will need: Vegetable oil; lollipop recipe; icing (optional); sugar Tools & Equipment: Metal lollipop molds or cookie cutters; pastry brush' lollipop sticks, popsicle sticks, gift-wrap cord, or fabric ribbon, aluminum foil; plastic wrap.
1) Assemble all molds or cookie cutters and brush inside surfaces with oil. Arrange molds, leaving room between them to insert sticks or cords. If using cookie cutters, arrange on large piece of aluminum foil.
2) Assemble sticks, or cut cord desired length if you wish to hang lollipops.
3) Prepare lollipop recipe. Quickly pour hot candy mixture into prepared molds, or in cutters about 1/8 inch deep. Once all mixture is poured, press sticks in indentions of molds, and twirl sticks to embed them in candy. If using cookie cutters, wait until candy is firm around edges but still soft in center, then lift off cutter and press stick or cord into candy. If candy hardens before all sticks are inserted, you can attach them with a small amount of hot lollipop mixture. Let cool.
4) Release shapes by lifting out of molds, or peeling away from aluminum foil if cookie cutters were used. Outline or highlight shapes with icing, if desired.
5) Wrap lollipops tightly in plastic wrap and store in a cool dry place.