Amazon is the ultimate destination to shop no matter what you are looking for and you may be surprised at some of the deals you can find on yarn, fabric, quilting, sewing, knitting, crochet, cross stitch, scrapbook and other items. From downloading patterns to furniture for your craft room, the appeal of one-stop online shopping and fast delivery make Amazon shopping a must for any crafter. To get the most out of the experience check out these tips:
1. FREEBIES: Take advantage of free Kindle eBooks that can be downloaded from the Kindle store. Many books for cooking, crochet, knitting, gardening, sewing, and more with new free books added daily can be downloaded without using a Kindle. You can easily download books using your desktop computer, laptop, smartphone, iPad, or any other Tablet. If you are an Amazon Prime member you can borrow books for free from Amazon's lending library.
2. Buying USED Items: Used items on Amazon doesn't always mean used. Amazon has sellers who sell new items they have at discounted prices. The third-party sellers are people who sell their items on Amazon and sometimes you can find a great deal. Just be sure to check the sellers reputation and shipping charges. Lion Brand Yarn 620-152 Wool-Ease Yarn, Oxford Grey
Amazon Prime, which provides you with free 2-day shipping, access to several freebies such as the free lending library and free streaming music and movies and TV shows. Amazon Prime is worthwhile if you do a lot of shopping and want to save money going to the store plus you can listen to music or watch your favorite show while you craft away!
4. Sharing Amazon Prime - If the cost of Amazon Prime is too high you can easily split the cost with a friend or family member, Add up to four "household" members by following these instructions. Amazon doesn't define household members so it's your discretion who you select to add.
5. Save Money with Super-Saver Shipping - If you are not in a hurry to get your items and don't have Amazon Prime then consider waiting until you have $35 worth of supplies in your shopping cart before placing an order and make sure to click the free-shipping option when checking out.
6. Subscribe and Save - If you order several of the same items over and over again be sure to check out Amazon's Subscribe and Save program. This will give you allow you to save up to 15% your entire order and you will receive free shipping. If you need craft supplies on a regular basis this is worth checking out even for other items such as household goods.
7. Keep Track of Prices - If you want to purchase an item at a lower cost their are sites such as CamelCamelCamel that will keep an eye on the price for you and send you alerts via email or Twitter when the price drops.
8. Shop Sales and Today's Deals - Everyday there are deals to be had on the Amazon's Today's Deals page that will allow you to see what is currently on sale. There are also Outlet Deals and Friday sales that offer discounts for just one day. There are also Lighting Deals that offer special pricing for just a few hours.
9. Coupons - Check out the Coupons available in the Art Supplies and Crafts Supplies page and clip them for extra savings and discounts on items you may be purchasing. Check out all of the Amazon Coupons for savings on several other items also.
10. Warehouse Deals - Amazon has a great selection of Warehouse Deals where you can get deals on open box items, like new, re-furbished products, at deep discounts. Amazon does verify that these items returned by other people are in working order before reselling them.
11. Amazon Mom and Student Discounts - Amazon Mom costs as much as Amazon Prime and you receive the same benefits but in addition you will receive 15% off baby registry, member exclusive coupons and a 20% discount on baby items such as diapers and baby wipes. Joining Amazon Student gives you a 6 months free trial, and 50 percent off prime membership after that.
12. Price Guarantee - If a price on an item drops once you receive the items you have 7 days to get the price difference refunded as long as you report it within the 7 days. The item must be shipped and sold by Amazon.
13. Amazon's Trade-In Program - If you need to get rid of an item consider trading it in or selling it on Amazon. Can't return an item? Sell or Trade-In the item Sell your item for cash to other Amazon customers (no listing fees for individual seller, set your own price, pay only when your item sells).
14. Shop Arts, Crafts, Supplies - Check out Amazon's Arts Supplies, Crafts Supplies page to shop by brand name, supply type, seller, and daily deals.
15. Groupon Amazon Deals - Did you know that Groupon Lists Amazon Promo Codes and Coupons on their website? If you want to check them out just follow this link and you can view more deals by joining Groupon at no cost just link to your email or Facebook account.
Check out Amazon's Top 100 FREE Kindle Craft Books