These towels make quick gifts and sell well and craft shows. This pattern will make two crocheted hand towels. The cost to make can range from $1 to $2, depending on the price of the towel. (Since You cut the towel in half and make two hand towels out of one!) Cotton thread or yarn works the best when making a kitchen towel.
- STEP 1: Choose a 15-inch-wide hand towel to match your theme.
- STEP 2: Cut towel in half across the width of towel.
- STEP 3: Fold towel into thirds. Lay towel with design down on table and fold each side to the middle.
- STEP 4: Use a C hook. Row 1: Do 45 single crochet stitches on the cut top of towel; chain stitch three; then turn.
- STEP 5: Use a G hook for the rest of the towel. Row 2: Double crochet in each single-crochet stitch, chain stitch six and then turn.
- STEP 6: Row 3: Double crochet in the fifth single-crochet stitch; double crochet in next three single-crochet stitches, keeping the last loop of each stitch on hook; yarn over and pull through all four loops, forming a cluster; chain five; do four double crochets into cluster; chain five; cluster; continue this ending with a chain five and double crochet in the last single-crochet stitch; chain five; and turn.
- STEP 7: Row 4: Double crochet in fifth single-crochet stitch; cluster; chain five; cluster ending with a chain five and a double crochet in the last single-crochet stitch; chain five; and turn.
- STEP 8: Row 5: Repeat Row 4 until down to two clusters. Tie off.
- STEP 9: Lay towel facing you and add a button at the center of about Row 3.